Saturday, November 7, 2015

Progress is Actually Happening

It's been a busy couple of months. Debugging and finalizing The Dark Eye: Skilltree Saga, and putting in some serious time on Dead Age for my day job has been taxing. I've also upgraded Monster Face and pitched it to several publishers. Here's hoping. My son started school, my disabled wife is having a long flare, and I've got unpaid bills. All that takes time out of your normal day, and I sometimes wish days were 30 hours long just so I have time to get things done.

In the few odd minutes of free time here and there, I managed to give some much-needed attention to Rocket Potato. I'm very pleased with where this is going. Milestone 3 is officially done. I have a street level, which is the primary level Arpy will be traversing on his adventures. I have enemies that walk around, but no combat mechanics yet. I have platforms with placeholder graphics for Arpy to jump around on, and my three crash objects for him to knock over and get tangled in. And, and speaking as a massively amateur artist, I think the animations aren't bad to look at. Flying around street level with Arpy, testing out platform combinations and knocking stuff over feels very rewarding right now.

Here are some screenies to get you through until my next post:





No comments:

Post a Comment