Tuesday, April 7, 2015

The Match

I know my work on Monster Face is not fully done (I'm still short on platform adaptations, I need an installer and to add some links to fan pages I just created), but I did manage to squeeze some more work into good old Arpy.

I did some preliminary searches for good pixel editor that allow animation, but I confess I didn't find anything I really wanted to work with. For Monster Face, I used vector graphics, created in Inkscape. So, I decided to try my hand there again. Mind you, I've never created anything animated before. I'm used to being handed finished model assets, and all I have to do is import them and then tell them when to do which animation clip. This is new territory for me. And it's fun.

So far, our pal Arpy can attack, and he has 2 different idle animations, which I've combined here. I used GIMP to make these GIFs, but for the game itself I'm thinking sprite sheets or sequence. I do miss pixel Arpy a little, but overall I'm very happy with vector Arpy and what little life he has at this point. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment